"Take Charge of Education"
Did you know there's an easy way to help us raise money for our school - for books, band uniforms, reading programs and anything else that can use extra funding? It's called Take Charge of Education, and it's helping our school right now.
Click here for complete information and to find out how it works.
If you missed last year's yearbook, there are still 2011-2012 yearbooks available. If you would like to purchase one at a discounted price, please contact Mrs. Sullivan at (254)559-2231.
May 24, 2013
1. Any Library fines left unpaid will double over the summer. Come to the Library on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays and check. Do not wait to be notified.
2. Seniors be sure to turn in your final transcript request form to Mrs. Clary.
3. Today is the deadline for this six weeks attendance. So far the Sophomores and Seniors are neck and neck. Who will be the big winners?
4. Any student that still has a BHS calculator you must turn those in today to Mrs. Blackerby or you will have to pay the replacement cost of $150.00.
5. The last Saturday school will be in Mrs. Brannan’s room.
6. If you want a copy of your last report card you can bring a self addressed stamped envelope to the office or come by the office this summer and pick it up.
7. Next years Student Council officers are: Jamie Dye-President; Landre Griffin-Vice-President; Heidi O’Dell-Treasurer; Hanna Singletgon-Secretary.
8. Senior shirts are in and can be picked up during lunch at TSTC. You will need to come in the back/side door and get them from me. If you haven't paid, you will need to pay $15 to get your shirt. There are some extras available in limited sizes if anybody would like to purchase one.
9. Seniors if you turned in Senior Tribute photos, please come by Mrs. Sullivan’s room and pick those up.
10. Yearbooks are here!! Pick you your yearbook on Tuesday morning beginning at 8:00 AM in the foyer. There are a few extras that can be purchases for $65. First come, first serve.
11. No school Monday. Enjoy your long weekend.
1st Week of School pictures
District Guide to
(Click on the picture for Graduation & Assessment Requirements)
UIL Practice Tournament Schedule
November 10: Wylie (Dallas) HS - Speech and Debate only
November 14-17: City View Virtual Tournament - Testing only
December 8: Richardson HS - Full
December 4-8: City View Virtual Tournament - Testing only
January 12: Breckenridge HS -Full
February 2: Mansfield Legacy - Full
February 16: Abilene Wylie HS - Full
The following excerpt is from a letter to Mr. Dieterich from the Texas ACT Council
Congratulations! The Texas ACT Council is pleased to recognize current sophomores for their outstanding academic achievement. Based on the 2011-12 testing of ACT''s PLAN (the Pre-ACT), ACT has identified eight of your students as being on target to reach or exceed ACT's empirically-based College Readiness Benchmarks in all four academic areas measured: English, mathematics, reading and science. Students who meet all the ACT College Readiness Benchmarks by high school graduation are more likely to have a successful college freshman experience as well as a greater chance of achieving a college diploma.